THE GREENEST LITTLE HOTEL IN AUSTIN
Park Lane is an urban eco-oasis, located in the heart of Austin, Texas’s historic SoCo district and is walking distance from downtown. Their unique guest house offers elegantly appointed private cottages. Relax beside the natural pool in the shade of the live oak tree, and enjoy the Park Lane’s organic vegetarian breakfast (vegan breakfast on request) in the comfort of your cottage or on your private deck.
Their bed and breakfast is conveniently located to the Texas State Capital, the Austin Convention Center, Lady Bird Lake hike and bike trails and the University of Texas. Park Lane offers free parking and free electric vehicle charging . It is just a short walk to public transportation or you can rent one of their guest bikes. They are located less than 2 miles from beautiful Zilker Park and the Soul of Austin, Barton Springs Pool.
Enjoy their mosaic glass tiled swimming pool, outdoor shower, organic gardens, and onsite massage therapy. Recharge in the comfort and privacy of your solar powered cottage and sleep in organic comfort. Enjoy complimentary fair trade coffee, tea, and filtered water. Chemical cleaners are never used and your bath amenities are all organic and cruelty-free.
Indulge yourself each morning with a freshly prepared organic vegetarian or vegan breakfast. Fresh fruits and vegetables from their organic garden and many locally-sourced ingredients.
Breakfast can be served on your private deck, by the pool, or in the main house dining room.
- Check-In: 2 PM | Check Out: 12 Noon
- 2-night minimum stay on weekends, please check with us for 1-night availability
- Credit card required to confirm reservations
- Full, made-to-order vegetarian breakfast served daily from 8:00 – 9:15 AM (vegan breakfast on request)
- Hotel guests must be 16 and up
- Off street parking is available for all overnight guests
- Electric Vehicle car charging is free to all Park Lane guests
- Park Lane Guest House is a smoke-free establishment
- Small pets are welcome! ($25/day pet fee- ask for details while booking your room)
- Their pool and garden are for the enjoyment of all registered guests only.
REST EASY AT A GREEN HOTEL
“Green Hotels” are environmentally friendly properties whose owners are interested in doing their part to create a better planet. Their Bed and Breakfast has been a Member of the Green Hotels Association since 2000!
- 100% Smoke-Free Guest Rooms and property
- Green Leaders Platinum Certified
- Cottages are Solar Powered
- EV Car Charging is Free to all Park Lane Guests
- Certified Organic Mattresses
- No Cleaning Chemicals or Fragrances Used
- E.O. Small Planet, Organic Personal Products
- All 100% Cotton Linens and Organic cotton robes
- Member of It’sAGreenGreenWorld
- Please help them by recycling all paper, glass, and plastic.
- Honeybees and chickens on site.
The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. The only entry into this Mayan world is by boat.
This luxuriously natural boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewed king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques.
In need of some relaxation? Enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and pamper yourself with a relaxing body treatment offered by their Hummingbird spa. You can also relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star-studded night.
Their award-winning Zotz restaurant is an experience within itself. Zotz is a full-service international lakefront restaurant which serves fine Eco-Cuisine with distinctive flavor and quality from natural foods. Indulge in delicious and flavorful meat-free cuisine, fresh organic vegetables, greens, and herbs that are harvested daily from their gardens or procured from local farmers.
Candle-light dining with sweeping lake and volcano views create a surreal ambiance. Cooler evenings are warmed by a large river stone and jasper fireplace.
The stage is set – the lake amphitheater is in surround 3D – the sun descends to the underworld – a celebration of the night begins at the Lava Bar!
• Massages – In the Hummingbird spa uses pure essential organic and natural oils. Blissful treatments include Swiss, Thai, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, and Reflexology.
• Manicure and pedicure – Uses effective and luxurious botanical products with natural, organic and wildcrafted ingredients.
• Fitness – Work out in their mini gym. Water activities include kayaking, canoeing, and swimming. Walk and jog on the hotel’s mountain trails.
• Yoga & Pilates – Take a class with a private instructor, to nurture body, mind, and spirit in our palm-thatched pavilion overlooking the lake.
• Meditation – Peaceful and nurturing contemplation with their private instructor.
THE JAGUAR SUITE
The Jaguar suite offers adobe walls and wood floors, a king bed, large wrought iron chandelier and a high exposed pole ceiling. Adorned with fine linens, intricate woven textiles, artifacts and artwork this suite has spectacular views from the bedroom, en-suite and balcony. Among the furnishings is a lounge chair with ottoman, marble-topped night tables, carved bedside lamps, and indigenous antiques.
The terracotta en-suite features green marble in the double shower and vanity with hand painted twin artisan basins. Botanical toiletries, oversized towels, and bathrobes are provided. Sliding glass doors maximize views and join the room to a large private balcony with slate floor and a palm roof, lounging furniture, stone writing desk, and a coffee tree.
THE KUCUMATZ VILLA
The Kucumatz Villa is 1500 sq/ft and has an adobe finish with wooden floors and exposed beam ceilings. Individually decorated its decor includes indigenous antiques, wrought iron and crystal chandeliers, weaving and artwork. The first level has a king bed and the second level has a king bed and double bed. It has spectacular views of the lake to the volcanoes from both levels.
Two en-suites feature Guatemalan marble and hand painted artisan basins. Botanical toiletries and organic cotton bathrobes are provided. The mini bar offers wines, chocolates, and nuts. Enjoy complimentary drinking water, fresh floral arrangements and our nightly turndown service.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://thelagunalodge.com/suites/” text=”More Suites” ]
ACTIVITIES & TOURS
* Boating around the lake and visiting the villages.
* Kayaking/Canoeing along the shores.
* Paragliding from a mountain top.
* Mountain biking from Tecpan to Panajachel.
* Horseback riding through coffee and maize fields.
* Hiking San Pedro volcano 3hrs up – 2hrs down.
* Zip-lining from Panajachel or Santa Lucia.
* High altitude Scuba diving in Santa Cruz.
* Golf at La Reunion near Antigua.
* Birders will enjoy the abundant bird life and biodiversity of Lake Atitlan.
* Visit Laguna Lodge nature reserve to see the Belted Flycatcher.
* Tarrales nature reserve day trip for spectacular birding to see the Horned Guan.
* Atitlan nature reserve with many hanging bridges and streams.
* Hikes through the volcanic Sierra Madre mountains.
* Guided walks around the lake shore.
* Coffee plantations may be visited to see picking of the coffee fruit to processing and coffee sampling.
History & culture
* Santa Cruz Village – you can visit the oldest church on the lake, and see our local village just 20 minutes walk from the lodge.
* Santiago Atitlan – This is the largest indigenous town, with its 500 year old church, and their unusual patron saint Maximón.
* Archaeological museum Lustre in Panajachel displays ceramic pots and burial urns found below the lakes surface.
* Ancient ruins of Iximche in Tecpan.
* Colonial churches from the 17th Century may be visited in many of the villages.
* Each of the 12 villages around the lake has its own unique dress, traditions and festivals.
* Mayan rituals are performed by shamans.
* La Antigua Guatemala – Day trip to the UNESCO protected colonial city and once a capital of Guatemala.
* Learn Spanish and Kaqchikel.
Arts, crafts & collectibles
* Panajachel has a large range of highland handicrafts including jade jewellery.
* Santiago has a wide range of weavings, paintings, beadwork and carvings.
* Santa Catarina Palopó – Famous weaving on back strap looms and unique painting style.
* San Juan La Laguna – Has a co-op making local handcraft and textiles using traditional techniques and natural vegetable dyes.
* La Galeria, original artwork by well know local artists in Panajachel.
* Chichicastenango – Well known for its colorful handicrafts at its Thursday and Sunday markets.
* Solola market is a working traditional market. Tuesdays and Fridays.
* Central markets in all villages have various crafts